Sunday 27 April 2014

Let's sit and Have a Cup...

...with Abi of Creating Paper Dreams. Round about this time every month she takes a break from the studying to invite us round for a virtual coffee. Or tea. Sorry, you usually get offered coffee first in this house, out of habit. But come on in, I'll be more than happy to hunt out the teapot if that's your fancy!

Careful you don't hit your head on the Easter pinata! It's still hanging from the stairs, because no one has the heart to untie it and put it away. It's empty, of course: we whacked it with the mop handle until all the jellybeans and chocolate limes fell onto the hall floor, and the The (Not So) Small One gathered them all up and divided them out. Her brother ate what he could before he left, but - well, you can see the brown paper parcel sitting on the table. We're posting him the rest to keep him going while he revises.


 Revision? Don't get me started! Any exams going on in your house? All Easter I've been torn between wanting to get the two of them out in the fresh air and thinking up trips for us, and not wanting to drag them away if the studying is going well. But I'm not going to have a big rant about too much pressure today. I'm sure you'll have heard me at that one before.

let's talk about something nice instead. Did you get to see any friends or family over the holiday weekend? We headed to Little E's for a delicious lunch, put together by his dad, Kenny-Who-Cooks. I'm a bit light on photos, but I did find some on my phone - look, it's interesting what happens when three different photographers grab the same phone in turn: 

First I tried to take pictures of the three cousins and Little E spotted me and turned his own camera right back at me (sidenote - my two maintain they don't look anything like each other. Ha! Beard excluded, obviously. Hard to believe that's the same lad in the Hollywood layout , posing beside Arnie's star )

Then, I asked Little E if he wanted to do selfies. Clearly, he has an excellent sense of self.

And then when I got home I discovered someone else had lifted my phone to catch us on the trampoline

I think there'll be a new layout in there somewhere. 

Ooh, I do have a layout to show you before you go. Little E's museum has progressed. I'd like to have more pictures, but it wasn't allowed. The curator was quite firm about that. He's a little scary, actually. He sits in his deckchair beside his carefully curated collection of Furbies and he watches you, to make sure you aren't about to touch anything. You mustn't touch.



So, I'll say cheerio for today, because I know you'll have other places to drop in on today. Abi hosts quite a party! I had been going to ask if you had any holidays planned. But maybe we'll leave that til next month? Another few weeks and it will feel like summer is on its way.

See you soon! But go on, break a piece of chocolate off that egg before you go. I'm not going to finish the whole thing off myself...




30 comments:

Ruth said...

Glad I stopped by, it was huge fun! And thanks for a piece of the chocolate egg!

debs14 said...

Aunty Sian on a trampoline! Pleased someone got that on camera!
Lovely to visit today. Oh, and thanks for the chocolate!

Cheri said...

Little E is really growing up quickly!

Jo.C said...

Lots of revision and marking of coursework going on here too. I agree with the pressure completely and I am in education! D has not stopped since year 9. Lovely visit though :0)

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely coffee....and what better than some chocolate with it.
Looks like Easter was a lot of fun at Little E's house.
I think it's possible my planned holiday may even have happened by the time we next meet up for coffee.

helena said...

wow those 2 look so alike (once you mentally remove the beard). Loving the budding curator - wonder if some kindly librarian has been sharing trade secrets!

Nathalie said...

I really enjoyed my stop over today! I love your page for so many reasons, for its story but also for your choice of papers. embellies and wonderful design! Totally rocking!
Thanks for the tea ;)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Love the trampoline shot! and yes, those two do look alike.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Your boy looks so grown up! It's amazing what a few months away from home will do. It sounds like you had a lovely holiday. Henry was in school this week, so we didn't have him around. But Clara had a very relaxing time. This was the end of my term, so it was busy. But I"m looking forward to things lightening up a bit now.
Rinda

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Thanks for the coffee (that would be my choice too) and such a lovely catch up. Great selection of shots from the different photographers. Don't get me started on the revision either, or indeed the pressure put on our children.

Barbara Eads said...

Sounds like you had a nice holiday. I'm surprised with all the whacking you are able to re-use the piƱata! Love the layout and the sprinkling of the stars as Little E is definitely the "star!"

Julie Kirk said...

Well, I enjoyed that unexpected spot of museuming this morning. He's certainly carrying on the family tradition for collecting and preserving memories.

And I know you say the kids look like each other but ... my ... the NSSO really does look like her mother in that photo!

Just let me if I've got chocolate on my teeth before I go .... x

Sandie said...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Sian. Little E does make me laugh, I can just imagine him sitting there in the deck chair guarding his museum. Thanks for the chocolate too!

Abi said...

What fun to sit and chat with you today Sian. Little E is just the best. I still think you need to make a coffee table book of the sayings of little E.

My friends maintain I look like my brothers but I am not so sure. Your two certainly look alike! Good luck to them both for the exams. It was work focused in our house this holiday too!

Thank you for the chocolate too. Just what was needed!

furrypig said...

Great to see you and share a cuppa... the chocolate went down well too! DD is revising for her GCSE's so all go in this house too! Looking forward to the Summer when it is all behind us!

Amy said...

Just be careful on that trampoline ... Grandma down here broke her toe when on the tramp with four grandchildren at once. Beware the double bounce!

Lou said...

I'd be lucky to get on a trampoline at the moment so i'd admire your photo. Beards are "big" at the moment...maybe it should be recorded x

Jane said...

great to stop by and catch up, looks like there has been lots of fun in your house x

Jo said...

A really lovely moment and it looks like you had lots of fun over the Easter break :)

Karen said...

I don't think there's ever been a story about Little E that didn't bring a smile to my face or a chuckle! The museum piece is priceless! And those are two very good looking young adults you have at your house!

alexa said...

That's been a lovely coffee :). I do like the sneak peek of you both on the trampoline ...

Lizzy Hill said...

See, it's the scrapper in me...blow the pinata, or the selfies or the trampoline {JUSSST blowing that off!!]...it's those WOODEN little 'buttons'??? 'brads'??? On your page.....they really got me in.....such a sweet, sweet page....but i had fun reading to get to that stage! And your 2, despite protestations to the contrary, are so very obv peas in a pod!!! Beard or no:)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Such a fun post, Sian. Love the photos you shared, and also that adorable layout. Little E is really growing - looks more like a little boy now than a toddler!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the tea - sorry to have put you out to make it but tea is always preferred!
Sounds like a good Easter and your layout is, as always, simply lovely.

Jimjams said...

LOVE that layout - Little E is such a character! The beard's rather cool too - surprising ow funky young men look with beards, but old men just look ... OLD!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the tea, chocolate and chat. Yes they definitely do look alike and Little E is growing so fast. Looking forward to hearing about your trip plans.

Missus Wookie said...

Thanks for the coffee and chat, what a neat set of photos you ended up with. I'd join you in the discussion of pressure - but then as I home edded that might not surprise you ;)

Prairie Jill said...

Oh, what a lovely get-together! So nice to catch up on all our news. And the piece of chocolate egg was the perfect way to end it. See you again next month!

Susanne said...

Cheerio - just one little gem in your always fascinating posts. Loved the pics.

Anonymous said...

I've been visiting your blog long enough to know that it's bound to be a fun post if Little E is involved...this post was no exception. He is, obviously (and not surprisingly), one of your favorite people, but I like how "fresh" each of your posts about him is. It's as if you put yourself in his mindset, age, experience, etc. Your rapport with him is a gift--the trick is telling which of you benefits the most.

Related Posts with Thumbnails