Tuesday 15 December 2009

Choc and Cherry Christmas

We're all feeling a lot better here -thank you for all your good wishes- and we are ready to make a second batch of this quick fudge recipe. We've eaten one lot already: but really it's very easy to make more. I think the original recipe came from a US Country Living magazine many years ago:
  • You will need 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar; 2/3 cup milk; 1/4 cup butter or margerine; 12ozs white chocolate (chopped); 3/4 cup glace cherries (coarsely chopped)
  • Line an 8 inch tray with foil and grease it
  • Mix sugar and milk in a heavy pan
  • Over a medium heat, add the butter and stirring constantly bring to the boil
  • Without stirring, boil constantly for 5 minutes
  • Over a low heat add chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth
  • Stir in the cherries and pour into pan
  • Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm and the remove foil and cut into 1 inch squares.
Very easy! It doesn't need boiling for ages and you don't need a sugar thermometer. It makes a nice gift too. If I can bear to give some away I present it in a bamboo steamer: I crumple some wax paper to put in the bottom, arrange the fudge, pop the lid on and secure with a big ribbon bow or length of Christmassy fabric. Here I used a piece of red toile. And that's all there is to it.

Today I'm Loving...It's A Creative World with their new contributor my friend Alexa. I think you'll like it.

15 comments:

Nadine said...

looks really yummy! (:
TFS~

scrappyjacky said...

Am definately going to try this....am a fudge lover...and it looks soooooo yummy. The bamboo steamer makes a lovely, unusual gift box.

Anonymous said...

Oh yum, I adore fudge! What a pretty idea for a container too ... Yep, going to give this a go! (and thank-you for the mention!) :) x alexa

Micayla said...

Yummy yum yums......thanks for the share. I may have to make this before the big day.
Love the pages on the post before this.....just gorgeous.
Oh and thanks for the congrats.
xx

Kim Winter said...

I just adore the basket! Yes, I am a basket addict!

humel said...

Oh yum - I love fudge, especially when you don't have to boil it :-) Thanks for sharing x

Amy said...

I think I could make this .... but not today, it's 40 degrees in the shade! I absolutely LOVE your presentation for a gift - very clever Sian :-)

Maria Ontiveros said...

So pretty. I haven't experimented with white chocolate fudge before.
Rinda

Angela said...

I think I'll give this one a go, looks scrumptious!! Thank you

JO SOWERBY said...

hiya sian,
hope ur continuing to feel better. i loved ur comment about my GPs. Amazing for ur FIL to have such a huge send off. Mine was alot quieter but no less beautiful. We still have some of the letters my parents received about my GD after he died. People were so kind.
My other GD had been a Coldstream guard and some of the old boys came as flag bearers etc for his funeral which was really special especially for my dad.
Jo xxx

Anonymous said...

Looks scrumptious! Glad you're all feeling better.

Denise said...

Glad you are all feeling better, I love fudge and am definitely going to try this recipe :-)

Anna said...

Love the bamboo steamer as a presentation box! Glad you're feeling better ... and I'm so sorry about what happened on your 12th. Sending xxx back to you.

Gemma* said...

i linked this on my blog today, hope you don't mind! gonna make it tomorrow :)

Gemma* said...

i linked this on my blog today, hope you don't mind! gonna make it tomorrow :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails