I'm sending out an emergency distress signal and I'm hoping someone can help. ..my Pinterest bookmark button doesn't work any more! A few updates to my laptop..and I can no longer pin. No pinning? That's kind of a pain.
Or is it? I can repin from inside Pinterest itself; but I like to go back and pick up the original source as often as I can, so that the originator of the inspiration gets a blog hit and a browse. So, no pinning this week and that means I've been thinking more about inspirational blogs and about what makes me want to linger. After all, without blogging, there would be nothing to pin. Or, at least, not a lot. Not a lot at all. If you were away on a bloggers or scrappers weekend last week, maybe you could let me know if it's something you talked about? What brings you back?
I like (in no particular order and not always at the same time)
- a pretty picture with an eye catching colour or an editing choice which makes me wish I'd thought of it. Something to bring a bit of cheer on a dark day.
- closely connected to close ups of craft projects, so that I feel I could reach out and touch..ruffly silk, knotted threads, roughed up paper, twinkly sequins..all of it. I started to blog because of scrapbooking, and looking at layouts is what I love, but I'm happy with any "make" if I can see the details.
- a quick quote or thought which makes me think or gives me an idea or a boost or which affirms something I already believe
- a bit of news about what my favourite bloggers are up to. I've been challenging myself to pick a book I like the sound of and see how little I can pay for a second hand copy on Amazon. And when I say "little" I mean £1 or £2, no more. UK readers, did you realise that postage for second hand books from the US is often only a couple of pounds? I didn't; and now I'm hooked. I'm interested in seasonal scrapbooking at the minute, so I bought a copy of Elizabeth Dillow's The Scrapbooker's Almanac for 60p. It came from a library in Massachusetts, already classified, so that, when I've finished reading I can do a bit of shelving. Oh, yes.
- a link, a hint, a tip, something to take with me: My Pinterest related tip for today - upload a photo to your blog, click on it, click on properties and in the second box "alt text" add the text you would like to see appear when someone pins your picture. Yes, pinners can delete it and add their own text if they wish, but most don't bother. It's a chance to describe your picture or post the way you'want to.
- a little bit of real life, honesty or humour, or both. Because we all like to relate, don't we? A reminder that, at the end of it all, we're all just trying to live life the best way we know how. Humour? I'm not feeling very funny today. Honesty? Because we're still stressing out over exam marks here. Real life? Not everything goes the way you want it. History tests, History scores..who needs them?
Well, whaddya know, seems like Thinking Out Loud might be back. How's your list? Anything I've missed out?