2013 has so far seen me knitting ( just got one sleeve left to finish on another sweater), card making, scrapbooking and dolls dressmaking. I like them all, though I'm the master of none. But it's always good to have something new to learn! Sometimes I wonder which would be the more satisfying - to be able to turn your hand to anything you liked? or to excel, really excel, at one? What do you think?
There are plenty of things I can't do at all
- I can't draw, I can't paint and I can't ice a cake
- I can't waltz, I can't dive and I can't eat mayonnaise without gagging
- I can't ride a horse or remember chemical equations or reach the highest cupboards in the kitchen
- I can't rule a straight line. I can't crochet and I can't type with more than two fingers
- I can't whistle or click my fingers or hear a brass band without getting a lump in my throat
- I can't retain numbers and I can't pass a bookshop without needing to go in
- I can't balance on a skateboard or think about exercise without breaking out in a cold sweat
- I can't see much without my glasses on or buy a pair of trousers without having to hem them up
- I can't code my own blog or use most of the functions on my phone or open a can without asking for help...
....and a whole lot more besides. Oh. Well. Never mind. Life's about what you like to do, what you need to do and what you might do in the future. I don't think my future includes skateboards. But you never know..
One thing's for sure: the future includes Storytelling Sunday. Next week. Pick your Precious and I'll see you there?
|Keep Calm and Sew On! from A Flair for Buttons|