We don't, though. Snow slows and, if we're lucky. it lets us be quiet and think. No snow at all here yet this year, not even a hint of a sprinkling. But I found this photo on my desk when I was doing a big New Year clear up; and I decided to put it with all the other bits and pieces I discovered. That little cut out girl has been waiting for a home for about eighteen months,now I think she fits here because she looks like an illustration from a book published round about the times the houses in the photo were built. That's the view from my bedroom window this time two years ago.
|Papers from I Lowe Scrap. Alpha stickers from Studio Calico. Journaling on a pull-out card. And a roughly tied blue bow which I thought echoed the dressing gown chord, but now think looks like a dodgy knot...|
It was this time five years ago that I bought my very first scrapbooking supplies. I can remember the excitement so well. The girls in the Craft Shop here were packing away unsold Christmas kits as I rifled through the tiny corner shelf stacked with paper and glue. Almost everything I chose that day I still have; because, of course, it turned out to be not what I really needed at all. But we've all done that, I guess. It was a thrill then, and it's still a thrill today. Every time I pick up a pair of scissors and cut.
For 2013 I have a few crafting plans:
- I'm going to make cards with Nat's 52 cards Challenge I discovered on UKScrappers
- I'm going to sew more dolls clothes with the help of the two new books I got for Christmas
- I'm thinking about some kind of new swap to organise
- I've got some great guests coming up on So This is Scrapbooking
- and we're starting it all off with the first edition of Storytelling Sunday this weekend. All the details for Year Three Pick Your Precious are here. See you then?
Before I go today, I'm in organised and together mood at the minute, so, while I remember, I'd love to ask -
- anyone who has a So This is Scrapbooking post in the works: ready to go? or need a bit more time? And, while we're here - any new prospective guests out there, now that you've seen a few posts go out?