It's probably a sign, isn't it? When my computer crashes a few days before Christmas? Means I should be busy doing other festive things instead. But it is good to be back! Oh yes it is. More than a couple of days without any internet is a strange experience now..
But at least I did have some time to get Christmassy, with all those little things -
it wouldn't be Christmas without:
- The sweet smell of sticky mincemeat bubbling out of the pies and onto the baking sheet.
- The anticipation of a Christmas Eve trip To Little E's. That's always fun:
- The relentless "let's play board games" from The (Not So) Small One, who takes her Christmas "family togetherness" very seriously. Monopoly is her top choice and beating her mother, who is supposed to know a thing or two about property, is a point of honour. Funny, when I suggest she might like to try her hand at a bit of actual property management - like weeding - her enthusiasm disappears.
- The queue at the Post Office; and that feeling, when you walk away, that maybe a few more stamps would have been better. And thinking that I'm yet another year on from those times when I held a toddler up to the letterbox to let him post the cards one at a time.
- That other constant question: "Has Uncle Dave booked his flight home yet?" He better get a move on, because I'm not sure now much more I can take..
- Increased texting activity between The (Not So) Small One and my sister. That's a lot of gift hinting.
- The guess what gift item Little E will appear on this year competition. Last year's tins were pretty cool.
- Saying "I should have bought it when I saw it" at least once.
- and finally, for the first time since last January, being able to see down the stairs which are now now lit up with fairy lights. Let there be light. And internet.
|Some scribbly crayon made from twine and a little car to take us to Little E|
Before I head off to do a bit of catching up I'd like to thank everyone who left a comment for Vicki on her So This is Scrapbooking post. There is still time to enter her giveaway and I'll announce the winner on Wednesday.