Another day, another list, maybe? Lists are definitely the way to go when you feel like writing something fast. Round here, nobody has been feeling up to doing a lot the past couple of days; but November is rushing past and I wanted to stop for a minute and record what we've been up to. So I did it quickly, like this:
- For The Tall One: a first offer of a university place to study Law for next year. He still has to get the grades, but now he knows what he is working towards.
- For The (Not So) Small One: making a Ranger Guide promise and looking forward to Monday nights and putting on that blue sweatshirt. She went to the party dressed as a "Time Travelling Guide" in my old shirt and hat.
- First arrivals of Amazon boxes with Christmas shopping inside. I think I'm more organised than I was last year.
- An inviting stack of gift guides stacked up on the coffee table. I collect them all and wait to see if anyone circles the things of interest. She always does.
- Vari-focal contact lenses. Genius.
- Ready chopped frozen peppers from Sainsburys. Also genius.
and russet apples from the Saturday Farmers market. I haven't tasted one in years.
- Exams before Christmas.
- A crown coming unglued. But a trip to the dentist always brings out some old stories. They went to school together.
- Lightbulbs. They don't last as long as they used to
and the gastric virus which has us all struggling this week. Hope to be back to full blogging strength soon. Sunday, maybe?
If you are gathering with friends and family for Thanksgiving - have a good one!