Sunday 25 November 2012

So This is Sunday


Still feeling low on energy here. There isn't anything much on my desk apart from a pile of papers I would love to turn into a December Journal, just as soon as I can. But I couldn't let today go past without my regular reminder that - it's Storytelling Sunday next week. This time round I'm suggesting a theme of "Coming Home" for Christmas. Any Christmassy coming home stories? or anything else "homely" you'd like to share? Of course, as always, any story at all will be very welcome: it doesn't have to have even a slight touch of the home about it! If you are about to start a Christmas album you could show us a page from that, or retell a story from a previous December scrapbook. It's the time of year for revisiting old favourites!

I'm hoping to have a new layout on the go soon; and I'm looking forward to beginning the posts in my "So This is Scrapbooking" series this week. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading them as much as I've enjoyed pulling them together. Until then - look, at least someone in the family has some zip. And some new roller skates. It only took three of the brightest minds in the family to work out how to put them on....


19 comments:

alexa said...

Ahh, lovely photo. That's why we spend so much time educating them :). Hoping you're on the mend and looking forward to the series when it arrives.

Missus Wookie said...

glad to see that the minds worked together and hope the skates were successful.

Hope you all feel well soon - and before next Sunday will be just about right for my December album I think.

Jennifer Shaw said...

Such a sweet photo! Hope you are all feeling back to normal very soon! Our family has missed the flu season so far but I'm sure it is just a matter of time. ;)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oh my gosh - how can the first Sunday of the month be upon us already???
Thanks for the reminder.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

Well...3 great minds are always better than 1!!

Alana said...

I see TTO has the hands off approach:) I missed storytelling Sunday last time (the first time that has happened) but hope to join in again next week.

Lou said...

had to smile at the skates - where are his shin and elbow pads lol!! those things used to scare me when the boys were small!!A lovely photo.

Looking forward to STS x hope you start to feel much better this week x

Ladkyis said...

Ooh, Ooh, my story will definitely be about reviewing things. I have deliberately not mentioned this happening because I am saving it for Storytelling Sunday - it even made the vampire laugh (phlebotomist)...

Alison said...

Glad you are all beginning to feel better..thanks for the reminder for SS
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

I am eager to learn how Little E got on with his roller skates. I have a story about my girl and roller skates and now you have reminded me am waiting for an appropriate STS to share it. x

Amy said...

Goodness, StS already?!
Take care of yourself, it is hard to recover from a lurgy like the one you have had.

Ginger said...

hmmm roller skates? He should be able to hoover now in double the speed!

Hope your feeling better soon Sian. I know I feel more tired these days too, but I'm sure it is just the lack of sunshine :)

laurie said...

how did the roller skating go? kids are always so excited about it but the activity is much harder to do than it looks. :-) hope you all continue to feel better this week.

Karen said...

Time is flying. I'm not feeling very productive either.I'm hoping it's because there was so much going on all weekend, and after a day or two I'll feel more energized.

Becky said...

Gosh, can't believe that STS has come round again already! Will have to get my thinking cap on! Lovely photo - the concentration on their faces is great!

Lisa-Jane said...

I thought you had been very quiet - I hope you are taking it easy and letting your self heal properly. I'm glad of the reminder about the weekend as I am away at a scrapping retreat. Hmmmm... thinking cap on... Take care xx

Scrappi Sandi said...

Great teamwork & a lovely photo! Hope you got some great shots of Little E up & about on eight wheels!! :D

Beverly said...

A group effort generally creates the best memories :)

Sandie said...

Sadly my energy is being drained elsewhere at the moment. We have a big decorating project underway and lots of furniture being upcycled - the paint is touching everything that stands still long enough!
My granddaughter turned 2 and she had roller skates for her birthday. She kept wearing her 8 year old sisters so decided she'd better have some of her own that fitted. Hope Little E enjoys his.

Related Posts with Thumbnails