Monday 17 April 2017

Memos, Mail, Me: Running Behind, With a Flag


Ah, Monday: a holiday day here, everyone home, working at the kitchen table, or tidying a bedroom, or peeling potatoes for the roast dinner we had intended to eat yesterday, though changed our minds after, ahem, too much snacking. That would be down to the Easter treats we brought home from Little E's on Saturday.

My mail this week: paper and pictures all on the one day


It was a very satisfying trip, in all kind of ways. First, we stopped off at a beach I've never in my life been to before. Haven't we all got a place like that? Somewhere not so far from home, you could get there if you tried but you haven't, and you grow up hearing everyone else talking about how amazing it is? We went. It turns out to be the kind of beach Jim Rockford might have wanted to move to, or Pamela Anderson, if only they had packed their waterproofs and their thermals, because of course we aren't actually talking about California.

Then on to Little E. As is tradition now, he had an Easter basket waiting for me. Hurray! Last year's was wrapped in tiny lights. How could he top that? With twinkling carrots! And more chocolate carrots inside and - 

There's been some debate here, his mother said, about the Easteriness of carrots..

but I wasn't listening. I was admiring. Little E hadn't been with me in the shops the day I had spotted the clip on bunny tails and regretfully decided to pass. But he had guessed and so my basket contained my very own bobtail. I clipped it onto my behind, on the back of my skirt. I felt so bunny I almost hopped.

I'm glad you're feeling energetic my sister said. He has his birthday scooter charged up and ready to go..

And Little E took me by the hand and led me outside. It was a go kart-y scooter - a "razor" I think he called it -just the right size for a small aunt to try. I did a few laps. This is so going on Facebook! I heard someone shout as I flashed past. But I don't really do Facebook, so I don't really care. All I know is I want a razor for my birthday. Then it was Little E's turn. 

Here's the flag! he said. I'll drive. You run behind me waving it.

Which is what we did. And that burst of exercise could go some way towards explaining why the rest of my weekend has also been - running behind. I have a story for you - or maybe that's a tale? -

photo by Little E
but the paper and pictures which made up my best post this week really do need combining. Next time I hope I'll have some craftiness to share. How about you? I hope you had some fun this weekend. We'd love to hear about it! Anything new, any mail you enjoyed, we'll read it all..

Have a good week!

Last time  Deb, Helena, Barb, Mary-Lou, Ladkyis, Maggie, Karen, Alexandra, Melissa, Alison, Honore and Mitra posted their post (or their weekend news, anything goes..Go on! Give 'em a wave!

19 comments:

helena said...

Fabulous bunny tale and I'm imagining the running behind the razor with the flag - sounds like lots of fun. Have a great week

Patio Postcards said...

Oh a bunny tail, what fun. I have clip on bunny ears for the hair (or hare), which when I wear my fur girls attack. Running behind the razor - oh the energy you have is enviable. I like that rose paper with the green dots, cannot wait to see what you create with those!

Happy week ahead.

alexa said...

Heart-warming and wonderfully told! I love the thought of you razoring your way around with a bunny tail bouncing behind you - Aunties like you are great :). Hurrah for the arrival of your long-awaited photos. And you look lovely in that jumper - it really suits you.

Ali said...

Brilliant!!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Sounds like Little E. makes Easter time lots of fun for your family. I can just see you running behind with the flag! Fun post and your basket looks amazing! Lucky you. :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Sian, that photo of you is priceless!
So happy you finally got your bunny tail!
xx

Susan said...

Little E sounds like he could have a career as a professional shopper - how sweet that he added the bunny tail to your basket.

Becky said...

Love the bunny tail and the photo of you! Hope you enjoyed your roast today.

Alison said...

Your very own bobtail...WHY can't I get Bridget Jones to of my mind?! xx

Honoré said...

Oh what fun you and Little E had...and a bunny tail, too! I'd have loved to have seen you on the Razor coming and going! Little E is so lucky to have an aunt who likes to play.
Your mail stash is intriguing and I look forward to seeing it transformed. TBC...
Cheers~

Lizzie said...

The bigger Little E gets, the more fun and amazing he gets!
I'm all for running behind with a flag - flags are almost as much fun as scooters...or bunny tails (& tales)...or Easter baskets lit up by glowing carrots.
Happy Easter!

Melissa said...

Sounds like it was a fabulous Easter weekend & you have some photos & papers to play with this week! Win-Win

Karen said...

Little E seems to have a never-ending talent for entertaining stories! I chuckled when I read about postponing dinner. My niece and I both would have been better off had we done that yesterday, and snacking was definitely the culprit.

Maggie said...

So where is this video for Facebook? Or is it a photo? Comes let's see you on the scooter! All sounds good fun!

Ruth said...

I'd quite like a clip on bunny tail, please.

Lizzy Hill said...

Sounds a great way to spend an Easter weekend. And all that exercise is a good excuse to eat more eggs, I'd be guessing. And your jumper ROCKS. Looks fabulous!!!! Happy [belated!!!] Easter!!!

Cheri said...

About the mail... today (yes, April 20th) the Royal Mail returned to me the Christmas Card to you which was postmarked December 13 - It has the "unable to deliver" sticker on it, but no reason checked, no date filled out. Now, I don't recall you moving, and I used the same address as last year, so can't quite fathom why my card was not deliverable. And it made me terribly sad that you might have thought I'd forgotten about you at Christmas. Now where do you suppose this card has been for the last four months???

Jo said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic time with Little E :)

Missus Wookie said...

Sounds like a brilliant bit of Easter shopping was done, glad you were able to have fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails