Monday 24 April 2017

Memos, Mail, Me: Planning, Not Dreaming


...though there's nothing wrong with the latter


even as I've been spending more time on the former. And it's because of the planning that I have to apologise today for my photos, versions of which some of you will have already seen on instagram over the weekend. I can't show pictures yet, see, of any of my mail. Over Easter, when the post slows down, nothing special arrived, so this week I'm looking forward...

...to parcels I'm hoping will arrive very soon. There's been some birthday buying: surprises for our girl, so please don't tell, all I'll say is that I hope she'll like what I chose to go with that Uniqlo dress

Notebooking supplies on these pages from Felicity Jane

I finally hemmed, using over three metres of horsehair braid to make it swirl. She's hoping, I think, for a record player too, so as soon as that's settled I'll be ordering. Vinyl really is back. They're all looking for proper records now, talking about album covers again, carrying them round like the badges of honour they deserve to be. So there's that to look forward to.

And there's the fitflops I ordered after seeing them reviewed here, on the blog which speaks to those of us with feet we'd quite like to swap. I'm pinning my hopes of a summer of comfortable walking on these babies, so they'd better deliver when they're delivered.

Finally, after going backwards and forwards over it (cue one more weekend picture of confused sheep at crossroads)


I've decided to buy a new photo printer. I had, and happily used for years, a canon selphy; but it stopped working last summer and since then I've tried various printing services instead. But ordering pictures is my least favourite part of scrapbooking. It's the only bit I would call "work". Printing at home, on the spot and (this time round) wirelessly from my phone? As The Tall One would say: that's happening. Soon, I hope. 

There's only one thing I've left out of my post plans. And that's what to tell you about next week now that I seem to be working ahead of myself. But you never know what's round the next corner (cue debate over whether to move the sheep picture to here) Right? I had no interesting mail this week. But I did have a couple of lovely texts, both of which will, I think, result in meet ups, one with an old friend, one with a new knitting pal. Maybe there'll be a story for next time there?

How about you? Anything new over the weekend? Any interesting news? Mail you'd like to share? It's Monday! How about making a memo?


 Helena, Barb, Deb, Mary-Lou, Mitra, Maggie, Alexa, Alison, Honore, Karen, Melissa, Alexandra and Ladkyis were good enough to share last time round. Go on, give 'em a wave! And have a good week!

24 comments:

Karen said...

Your use of the Traveler's Journal is truly inspiring. And the photo of the sheep in the road is just charming. I can't imagine scrapbooking without my photo printer. I, too, had a Selphy (one of the first models) but switched to a full-size printer years ago. When it died and no parts were available to fix it, I ended up with a large-format printer. Aside from the space it takes up, it's proven to be an excellent choice. Being able to load from the top of the printer was one of the requirements. Years ago there were more choices; now, not so much.

Susan said...

I completely agree with you about photo printing - it's the task I dread when scrapbooking. I have a selphy and a large format printer that I purchased a few months ago and still have to set up/learn how to use. It has me feeling a bit like your sheep in the road - I'm not sure whether I'm coming or going!

Patio Postcards said...

Oh I do like the photo & words around the sheep photo. I have not ventured into printing photos at home, but then it is fairly easy to go get prints done. Sounds like a week full of surprises & more planning of adventures. Happy week ahead.

Maggie said...

That poor sheep does look like it needs a bit of guidance. I'll send Sky the sheepdog over to help it (she can carry the water bottle too!!!!) or maybe Sky has been around and misdirected her.
I have had a couple of photo printers but was never happy with them. Now have a normal wireless printer but it can be very irritating over the wireless side of things. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Julie Kirk said...

I'm another who hates the photo printing ... which is partly why I don't do it any more. Now ... my entrepreneurial side is thinking that MUST be a gap in the market. Someone who can take our photos ans re-size/edit etc and print them in the format we fancy! Preferably with them coming to your door to do it ... a mobile photo printer van???

I'm awaiting one item of mail this week for a certain someone's birthday .... but really I ought to be finding more than *one* measly thing to buy him!! If I could just think of what to look for I'd go and look!

Have a lovely week Sian. xx

Jane said...

I hate ordering prints too and have just bought some more photo paper ready for some scrapping. You are liking meeting up with someone who likes knitting I'd love to join in the chat!

helena said...

Love that way to describe feet - I have two of them too (pause for librarian to appreciate 2 correct uses of two/too!). Frustration at printing options is one of the reasons I went totally digital in my memory keeping and why I have it all printed in a book once a year. Have a great week - hope those txt meetings pan out

Jennifer Shaw said...

I'm also happy to hear that vinyl is back. Oh the days of staring at the album cover. Neat shoe site too! Hope your new shoes work out for you. Nothing worse than sore feet!

alexandra s.m. said...

I cannot imagine not printing my pictures at home anymore!
I'm glad you could fix that! I'd like to walk on that road, along that sheep!
s a matter of fact that is exactly what I have been thinking about this week...dreaming about that scenery and rambling from one village to the next!
xx

Ladkyis said...

The thing with printing your own is that the ink runs out so you change the cartridges and do a trial (oh that's the most important thing about BL**DY printers isn't it?) print when everything is blue even though you just replaced the yellow cartridge so you do a cleaning run and print a trial and now everything is red - sigh - two and a half hours later (I will not let a machine beat me) the colours are at last right but now the machine is saying that the yellow ink is low ... *head, desk*. I use snapfish now because they don't cause so many bruises

Eileen T said...

I've always printed my own photos as I find dealing with the various companies too frustrating. I've been using an Epson six colour printer but it's now on its last legs so am joining you on the hunt for a replacement. I'm considering going back to A3 this time so I can print some of my photos to display around the house.

Mitralee said...

A new large format HP just made it's way into my heart via Amazon. The old was was getting streaky and after four years, I felt like it could be upcycled to my office at work...It's made me happy the past couple of days, so I am thinking you'll be there with me too! Happy New Printer Dance!

alexa said...

What a lot of lovely news ... Your Traveller's Notebook pages are a delight to the eye, and it's so hard to believe that it is four years since he went off to Scotland. I had to laugh at Ladykis' description of her photo-printing: I am nodding (and banging!)my head in agreement, which is why I let professional photobook printers deal with most of my photos and only print the occasional ones at home!

Melissa said...

It certainly sounds like you'll have some FUN mail when everything is delivered! And I'm sure she'll like all her gifts. How interesting that record players & vinyl are coming back - we have our old turntable hooked up in the front room so we can enjoy records there.

debs14 said...

My son 'adopted' our old record player and has been increasing his vinyl collection. Downloading something onto your phone isn't as good as seeing, touching and reading a shiny card album cover is it?
Hope your girl likes what you have been ordering, looking forward to hearing what it was!

Honoré said...

Vinyl! We have tons ---well, maybe a few; original; authentic. And a slew of CDs too. Suppose they'll make a comeback? Agree with all: your TN pages are delightful...a planner that intrigues me; I dabble but not seriously...as for printers: indeed, I fight with printers at home too...and always seem to miss the 100 free specials deadlines from Shutterfly. Perhaps if I get my act together...meanwhile, my photos are safe in their digital format locked inside my Mac...go figure.
Cheers~

liza said...

nice post

Jo said...

It's nice to hear about all of the lovely things you will have arriving in the post shortly :)

Becky said...

I print some of my photos at home either on my HP printer from the computer or wireless from my phone on my Selphy but I also order from Freeprints and from Truprint. I love the photo of the sheep!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

It's funny, isn't it, how everything comes back around? A friend of mine, who has been a dedicated record collector for over 30 years, is not so pleased about the gaining popularity of vinyl. It's becoming harder to find at bargain prices! Birthday shopping is on the agenda here too, for my girl. Have fun!

Ruth said...

I do love the look of your traveller's notebook. And from over here, wireless printing at home is the way to go! I have an Epson XP-760, should you be interested in knowing.

Missus Wookie said...

I like the idea of photo printing at home, but haven't been happy with the various prints I've seen. Things have changed I'm assured.

Had a client ask if I'd be willing to work for them at another office in Belfast, have to confess my first thought was ooooh! But sadly they decided I can do the work in Liverpool. Which is also a nice place, but doesn't have blog friends! :)

Planning is always fun, anticipation is one of my favourite bits of having ordered bits and bobs.

Sandra said...

You've inspired me so much with travelllers notebooks, I've got a head full of ideas and as soon as they're unpacked, I have plans. It's all done to you xxx

Alison said...

I've always printed off my own photos...mainly because I never what size and shape I'm going to use till I start a layout!....I too am loving your Traveller's notebook ! Xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails