Monday 20 March 2017

Memos, Mail, Me: Hippity, Hoppity


....it's a grand kind of an early Spring morning here, after what has been a stressful couple of weeks. And although, of course, I want to thank - most heartily - everyone who left me a message here, or sent an email, or dropped me a card - thank you! - I'd be happier talking about something else. Anything else. What's your news? Anything new with you? Any nice mail or lessons learned or anything? My energy levels are low right now, so I'm going to have to hold my hand up and admit to no new photos here. I have this one, though:


A version of which appeared on my instagram a couple of weeks back, just before I took my little collection of rabbits to Knitting Club and handed them over to a friend running a fund raiser for Romania. They were a lot of fun to make: just a garter stitch square pulled together following these clever instructions from Jo Soandsew. I have also been knitting what looks like an enormous grey elephant, but is actually a man sized sweater; and I'm aiming for some scrapbooking this afternoon. But first a catch up, with thanks to everyone who has kept on Monday-ing. Have a good week!

16 comments:

Maggie said...

They are very cute and a lovely worthwhile cause. Good to hear you are on the mend. Now take it easy this week.

Honoré said...

Delighted to read that you are on the mend...and the bunnies are too cute! Thanks for sharing and the link...Enjoy Spring!
Cheers~

Karen said...

Happy first day of Spring! So glad to hear you are home; rest and relax and take it easy! Those adorable bunnies are another reason I wish I knitted or crocheted!

debs14 said...

Pleased to hear that you are home, safe and sound. Now do whatever the doctors told you to do and if they said rest, they meant it! A nice bit of knitting will normally help recuperation, and a man sized garment should keep you busy for a while.

alexandra s.m. said...

Happy Spring Sian!
I hope it'll be smooth sailing from here onward for you.
Love these bunnies.
That picture belongs to a magazine!
xx

Jo said...

Those bunnies looks so cute. I hope your energy levels pick up quickly x

helena said...

such a clever bunny pattern - they are so cute and I like the idea of a giant elephant coming off your needles. Some sunshine is just what is needed for energy building. Take care and have a good week

Ruth said...

Happy to see you home, but do please follow any advice re rest and recuperation.
And moving on, those bunnies are super adorable!

Jane said...

so pleased you are home, take care of yourself x

Susan said...

Adorable little bunnies - sending you some well wishes too!

Melissa said...

Oh my, those bunnies are adorable. So glad to "see" you back - continuing to pray for a complete recovery and a return to more energy in the coming days!!

Sandra said...

Ok, I have missed something! And I will go back and check what. Honestly Sian, I miss a few weeks reading, and what have you gone and done. Do I need to get on a plane and come and sort you out .... big hugs xxxx

alexa said...

Lovely to see you back again, none the worse, we hope, for your time away - and cheered by these little poppets so nicely arranged! Hoping you can rest and play and just generally have a happy time this week :). xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Hope you're on the up and up. Between you and Him, you've had a rough time of it lately. At least the Irish beat the English. That'd have to cheer EVERYONE in the family up, I'd reckon!!! And it's great to see you knitting both tiny things and big things. I guess knitting would help the time pass nicely - I've been reading like a demon. Dunno why. A fad, I daresay!!!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

So cute! Who would have thought they were created from a simple square? Very clever. Sending you love Sian x

Gail Thompson said...

They're adorable! So sorry to read you've had a rough couple of weeks (I need to go back further in my catch up - I started at the most recent) and hope you are feeling more like your usual self now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails