Saturday 1 October 2016

October Projects at Gossamer Blue


October has always been a favourite month for me. The crisp air! The colours! That hint of new beginnings wrapped up in tradition. It's everything at once. And a good time to be a scrapbooker. 

And, maybe, a cardmaker? As it's World Cardmaking Day today, I'd better start my Gossamer Blue October projects with


 ...a card. I made a set for my GB blog post later in the month, but this one has a slightly different look so I pulled it and here it is. It's mostly Crate Paper Gather collection and the sentiment is from a rub on pen , in the Life Pages Main Add on. I used some chipboard pieces on this one and I do have a tip: if you want to reduce the dimension a little bit for a card going in the post, take the chipboard piece, adhere it to some waxed paper (or a glassine kit packaging bag) and then try to peel if off again. You should find a couple of layers of chipboard want to stay behind on the paper, and that's great because you can leave them there and stick a reduced height embellishment onto your card.

Next I made this page:

SianF October Projects at Gossamer Blue

about our summer trip to Berlin. We had a great time, as long as we kept our blood sugar levels topped up. For this one I took my cue from the peeling posters in the photo (you can't really see it here, but that photo is popped off the page, slightly higher than the other) and I ripped and wrinkled a selection of paper from the Main and Add On kits


to combine with embellishments from the Amy Tangerine diecut ephemera pack in the Main Add On.


And finally, I went back to my new favourite size, 8.5x11, for this page:

SianF October at Gossamer Blue

This one uses a couple of cards from the Life Pages kit, and the big wood veneer numbers - for the year - from Dear Lizzy in the Main Kit. For my journaling, I marked on my card where I wanted my words to sit, put it through the typewriter and then stuck the black frame (from Amy Tangerine) down afterwards. I added a doily from my stash. Those little birds! They're by Maggie Holmes and I think I used every last one. You can find it all at Gossamer Blue.

11 comments:

alexa said...

What a visual treat this whole post is - from soft and delicate through a touch of graffiti and back again. I think birds must be your signature :). I love your journaling on your 16 page ... Such a lot expressed in so few words.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Lovely, lovely embellishing on all these projects. I really like that gold dipped bow, it's given me an idea. I'm sharing a quick card today too. Happy World Card Making Day to you!

Karen said...

Happy World Card Making Day! It's hard to be away from home on this day, but it's our last day in Chicago. Alexa is right, there is a wonderful diversity in these projects. I especially like the last layout, and the "we're back to where we started" says so very much!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your work is always delightful Sian and that last page really speaks to me!
Love your way with embellishment and story telling as well ;)

Barbara Eads said...

I love your work---as usual. I would never have thought about tearing those hearts---but it adds just that bit of extra dimension! You seem to come up with unusual ideas. I always learn something from your pages and cards! Thanks for that!

Jo said...

I always enjoy looking at your cards and pages, they really inspire me x

Maggie said...

I can just picture being in that car with you. The page tells it all.
Back to where you started? I know what you mean but it's different isn't it because as well as your busy life as a couple you have in your heart those two treasures of yours. I love being on that side line hearing snippets of my twos busy lives but meanwhile moving on to new adventures ourselves.

Lizzy Hill said...

Lovely projects. I think your cards are just fabulous...... made me think, did you organise a card or postcard swap at one stage? I'd be really interested in doing a one off card swap if you'd be interested in organising it, LOL!!! How's THAT for being forward. Mind you, as my mother says, " If you don't ask, you don't get." So, there y'go. All cos you do such glorious cards!!! Anyways....your LOs are fab too & I must say, those little birds are THE cutest:):)

Ruth said...

You know, I sit looking at your pages for so long, I forget what it was I was going to say ...

Melissa said...

Such a cute card & great layouts! I was teaching Bible journaling on the 1st so I didn't make any cards, however I did teach a card class two days earlier.

Missus Wookie said...

I didn't get to make cards on World Cardmaking Day but am going to this evening. I like 8.5x11 pages for photo books. Oh the photo of them walking away - yes we've been thinking that too. Exciting times.

Related Posts with Thumbnails