Thursday 30 June 2016

Posting a Paper Trail

..because I'm having to be inventive with my paper today. I wish I could tell you I'd been a scrapbooking powerhouse over the last few days. I'd love to have sneaks to share and a clutch of finished pages to show. But thanks to a box on a detour (via Canada according to tracking, hope it brings me a nice souvenir), I have no July Gossamer Blue on my desk just yet. Sorry. There is a tantalising unboxing video up on the Gossamer Blue blog right here. It's making me twitch..

Thinking about scrapbooking in other ways while I wait for paper..


So I've been getting my paper fix other ways this week. Last night's bedtime reading included (because I read a couple of pages of one, a chapter of another) a new book called The Beginner's Guide to Writing Knitting Patterns by Kate Atherley. Bad idea: I couldn't sleep for sock possibilities floating in front of my eyes. But it's an excellent book, here in less time than it takes me to pick up a dropped stitch, thanks to Amazon. Amazon Prime! Now there's an idea for a list! A "moments" list for a layout to record what we're up to, right up to the minute:

5 Things I Used Amazon Prime For in June

- The knitting pattern book. I'll be investigating what else Kate Atherley has written. Ther's one on socks. Oh. Yes.

- A put-it-together-yourself model of the Brandenburg Gate: a jokey Fathers Day present for the man who can't wait to see Berlin.

- A German phrase book. See above.

- We watched "A Walk in the Woods": the film of Bill Bryson's book, which was remarkable only in that it got us talking about how it has been since we read the original.

- We watched the first two episodes of the ballet drama "Flesh and Bone" which was rather more remarkable for its racy depiction of every activity you have ever imagined a ballet dancer getting up to, and a few more besides.

That's our Prime right now, put down on paper. So now, of course, I can't resist thinking about a longer paper trail:


Paper: don't you just always want to play? More soon!

15 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

You had me at, Canada, a detour ... like your list (& really who doesn't like a good list) of Scrapping; A Paper Trail.

I have been using Google serach for checking out what's on for Canada Day & things to do at some of our Ports of Call choices.

Susanne said...

Just this morning I was working on a list of things that would make a good layout - Scents of my Life - my favorite perfume over the years, it seems that I added new ones at turning points. I'm thinking I can find pictures of older ones on the internet, or see if there is some other clever way to get photos.

PS I can't believe you don't have older leftover paper that should be making it's way onto layouts. You could make your own kit, you know. And I don't even have to tell you what website could help you with that, now do I?

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the five tickets/programs you can't throw away!
And, on Amazon prime, check out the television show "Justified." Most enjoyable show I have watched in quite a while. Six seasons though, so it takes a while to get through.
Rinda

Ali said...

Just catching up on your posts :-) - fab as always - loving this one!!! Gorgeous eye candy as well with the wool shop - it makes you just want to stay there all day and stroke things ;-) x

Melissa said...

What a great list of five items! We definitely enjoy Amazon Prime around here - received several movies & books this month, plus downloaded a free ebook.

I'm playing with paper today, organizing memorabilia/ephemera for the past few months as I catch up on my Gratitude Album pages.

Ruth said...

Talking of lists ... I just treated myself to Lists of Note by Shaun Usher (I blame Alexa ...)

alexandra s.m. said...

Poor Sian...Hope they come soon and I'm glad you are keeping your creativity flowing!

Sandra said...

There must be a black hole where all our kits have gone, as last months cocoa daisy has gone missing,,so I understand your frustrations lol xx

Karen said...

Love that list! Hope that kit arrives soon, so we can see what you'll do with it.

Jennifer Shaw said...

Hope your kit finds you soon. Hope it is clear of Canada as we have a looming postal strike. We find out on Saturday.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I do love a good list. Hope that kit arrives soon.

Lizzy Hill said...

I'd be frustrated MUCH.....never mind, when you do get it...maybe you'll get TWO hot on the tails and then you'll be all ready to go!!! Meanwhile. Least you USE online book stores......

Jo said...

I haven't played with paper at all this month but I'm ready now to make a start. I hope your parcel turns up soon, I'm sure it's worth the wait.

Mitralee said...

wait, you use Amazon prime for books? I am kidding mostly although my most recent order from them involved petaloo flowers, a huge box of gum and a photo frame....I'm rather addicted actually!

Barbara Eads said...

You are so right about paper! It might not be the pretty paper you hoped for, but there's plenty of paper around you. My paper trail would include list after list leading up to and including our family vacation. Of course there's the grocery list, the to do list to get out-of-town, the vacation agenda, the list of things to bring from home---and they go on and on. You can get a glimpse in to my life just from the lists! Everyone keeps talking about Amazon Prime. I think I need to put it on my "things to try" list!

Related Posts with Thumbnails