Tuesday 1 December 2015

December at Gossamer Blue

Happy December! I'm writing this just as the sky here starts to darken, making it time to close the curtains and think about turning on all the lights. I love the added twinkle in the last month of the year: bring on the Christmas tree trimming! But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself? There is scrapbooking to be done first; with the fabulous Gossamer Blue December kits.

I have two pages today. The first one shows that there are Christmassy colours to be found, that's for sure; but they don't have to be used for festive layouts. It's a coffee page (and I haven't even been to Starbucks for a seasonal something yet)...



That Life Pages coffee card was too hard to resist. I had to use it somewhere, so I decided to put on the record the famous couple couple of months when I went completely off coffee. It's over twenty years ago now, and it was only for one summer; but I still can't help wondering what I would have turned to if I had stayed away for good. Who knows?

From High In The Sky for Gossamer Blue


I had two photos I wanted to use, so I put Coffee Makes Everything Possible - spotted in a shop in Norway - on the outside; and then added the second, with another story, inside one of the Pink Paislee File Folders in the Life Pages Add On #3. I turned it inside out so I could journal on the plain pink and have the cheery red polka dots showing. The gold paper clip from the Life Pages main Add On holds it closed. But if you take a peep, you'll find a photo of the view from the Ikea cafe in Edinburgh: a bird's eye view of the Warehouse. I think it's genius and I could sit there all day.



My second page is made using very nearly only the Life Pages kit. The pink puffy butterfly was a last minute addition and is from Life Pages #3.

This page is called Memorandum Monday:

From High In The Sky for Gossamer Blue

and it tells the story of a Me On Monday post of a couple of weeks ago, when I had to come up with something to write about after a weekend of resting up and not doing very much at all. I found a card to pin on my noticeboard Today is a good day to have a good day it says (thanks Simple Things magazine!) and it has given me an idea for stirring things up a little for Me On Monday for the New Year


Ah, but that's enough about that for now!


I had a lot of fun layering up a handful of lovely Life Pages cards and adding plenty of the Basic Grey die cuts. And I have enough left to add to many more pages. I'll have extra projects to share as the month goes on; but if you'd like more now the Gallery is here. Did I say happy December?

14 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I like the little book on your first page. I also like that you have used black for some Christmas pages ... it is a good day to have a good day. Hoping that your sinus have cleared. Happy December to you.

Sandra said...

Firstly let's not go down that slippery road of thinking of life without coffee lol. And next ... You do layering so well, what's the secret?

Karen said...

I always love to see your pages, and to look for all the little details you put there---everyone of them meaningful. That's one disadvantage to my CAS style---no need to poke around the design.

Julia said...

Both gorgeous pages Sian. So many little details to feast your eyes upon. I'm intrigued to see how MOAM will evolve in the New Year - bring it on!

alexandra s.m. said...

I just love your style so much and these yummy layers in both of these fab pages just make me happy!
Thanks for sharing Sian~

Lizzy Hill said...

I'm glad you added the butterfly! It looks happy sitting there:) Glad I'm 'influencing' you with bg work, too:) And GLAD you didn't stay off the coffee too long....that spot to sit and watch looks way cool. AND I really like the little opening up bit for the journaling..... I think that's all...feel Like there was something else to say, but it's slipped away...OH! I have sooo many PL cards. Getting them out. If you can use 'em on LOs, then I reckon I should be able to too:))

Louise H said...

Two amazing pages - I love the interactive element of the first page - something I must try out. The layering and the arrangement on the second page are fantastic. Thanks for yet more inspiration. Hope your feeling better x

Jennifer Shaw said...

More amazing creations. I love the interactive element of the first design. The layering on the second is terrific. I always really enjoy your Me on Monday posts but am also excited to see what your new idea might be. :)

Sian said...

Sandra: the secret of layering? A messy brain, perhaps?

Melissa said...

Great pages - I especially like how you used the file folder & clip to add another story & photo. And what a tease about the Me on Monday posts . . . do tell!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. I love that card and the page is gorgeous :-)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pages Sian, that kit does look very yummy :)

Jo said...

Happy December to you too! Great pages and I'm looking forward to hearing your plans for Me on a Monday :)

Susanne said...

I love the depth of both of these pages.

Related Posts with Thumbnails