There's a school uniform being put on here as I write. I can hear the banging of drawers as she tries to find all the right bits. So I guess that's the sound of the end of the summer,then. There'll be a few more days of freedom next week; but today's afternoon Sixth Form meeting is a signal that the end is near.
So I'm sitting here looking through the last few pages of my Dangerous Notebook, the one in which I scribble my ideas for blog posts and pages and I'm seeing a few oddments of summer chat which I should share now before it's too late.
- A page title and plan I haven't got round to: When Good Traffic Goes Bad about the lengths we went to amusing ourselves as we drove back up England. "Guess what's in that Poundstretcher Lorry" was a low point.
- A layout which made me gulp:
This one was published in Scrap365 way back when. But it never made its way here; and, when I found it the other day, I thought..wow..what a difference. That's four years ago. That's why we scrapbook. It was, I think, published in an article on quick-to-make pages: a couple of pictures, a few strips of patterned paper to anchor them, and a big title which does double duty as journaling. I might try that again, soon.
- Quote of the holiday: "I've added all the places we are going to into the weather app on my phone. Big mistake."
- Second best quote of the holiday (thank you the Ship's Captain's Grandmother) "There's just enough blue sky up there to make a sailor a pair of trousers."
- A little snatch of a story..
"So do we have an emergency plan in place?" asked The (Not So) Small One, as she watched her brother lift a sack of charcoal and haul it towards the garden. "I mean in case of an actual..um, you know..emergency.."
"We'll have to trust him, " I said. " We'll just have to trust him and believe that he understands that if the shed goes on fire, he'll have to paint it. All over again."
His head popped round the door. This is my BBQ. My rules." he said. "So you have five minutes to put in your orders before I go to the butchers and buy...whatever I want. Big style. Today," he said happily as he lifted his car keys from the kitchen table, " has the air of Anything Can Happen Thursday."
And's that me for today. A little bit of everything? Maybe I should have called it Anything Can Happen Friday? Go on..if you haven't posted for a while..make it happen..