Monday 6 July 2015

Me On Monday


It was the weekend of the Tall Ships. A weekend of sailor jokes and looking forward to our own ocean voyage. A weekend of wondering about traffic delays and then finding a great parking spot; of hoping the rain would stay away and then finding some late Saturday evening sunshine to discover by.




The Tall Ships Race has stopped here before; but its return is always eagerly anticipated by a city which loves to throw a heart welcome party. Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum. We queued to get onto the ships, we took pictures, we talked about our own trip. 

I've counted my Kroner and I've set aside my holiday notebook. It's ready to go now that I've carefully copied into it the list for Rinda's Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt. It wouldn't be summer without it! I've been watching the entries pop up blog-wide and I've been getting twitchy. Because every year I save up my list to complete all at once while I'm travelling; and every year, round about now, my nerve starts to fail me and I think maybe I'll just tick off one or two before I go..

...which is the frame of mind I'm in today. Me On Monday: making a start with the last item on the list

#21 a photo of me holding a sign marking the 2015 hunt


You can find the full list over at Rinda's. She'd love to see you and you might like to share your finds on instagram, or Facebook or on your blog. Couldn't be simpler! It's a good way to start the week.

Last week Louise, Helena, Ladkyis, Jane, Becky, Deb, Eileen, Ruth, Karen, Sheena, Mary-Lou, Mardi, Karen, Gail,  Julia and Alison gave us a wave. Happy Monday to you, and to all of you. Have a good week.

Oh,and if you'd like to do a Monday post yourself I'd love to come and give you a wave too. Just let me know where you are and I'll be there!

27 comments:

helena said...

oh yes there is something really special when the harbour comes to life with a big visit - I remember the buzz in Auckland when the yacht races were in town

Lizzy Hill said...

The ships look fabulous... Sydney loves it when we have tall ships, or navy ships or cruise ships visiting!!! And how you've done it! I've got Rinda's summertime list to try to do in our winter time & it looks great - thanks for sharing the info and link :) Wish me luck. TURTLE???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. I've only seen one tall ship -the Elissa, which has its home base in Galveston, Texas. I've toured it several times over the years & watched it from a boat sail up the Neches River.

It's always exciting to be anticipating an upcoming trip.Hope y'all have a great time!

Nathalie said...

Thanks for the reminder about Rinda's Scavenger hunt! I just copied the list and hope to play along again this year! Have a great week!

Ruth said...

The Tall Ships are always such a fabulous sight! I was busy ticking off a few items from the Scavenger Hunt list over the weekend.

Barbara Eads said...

I can't wait to hear about your journey this summer!

KraftyKaren said...

Wherever we go we always miss the Tall Ships :( how lovely that they came so close to home for you. Have a great week and hope you get all your photos on your holiday, I have made a very small dent in the list so far. Have given you a wave back!

Patio Postcards said...

Great photo of you & the sign! Holiday anticipation can be so much fun. We were watching some planes fly overhead and while the mere thought of getting on an airplane feels me with such anxiety, I miss the excitement of big trip anticipation. Looking forward to seeing the prep for the Holiday Book. Hope you have a great week.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great sign! I think you're only the second person to complete #21. I checked off a bunch of items this weekend and blogged two in my me on Monday post.

debs14 said...

When my husband worked in London we would go up to see the Tall Ships as they went under Tower Bridge on the Thames. Quite a sight!
Love the picture of you with your sign, it's good to have me a start, good luck with the rest of them on your holiday!

Jennifer Shaw said...

It must have been fun to see the tall ships. Good luck with the photo challenge. The last prompt is the only one I have left to do. Once Susan completes hers we are doing a mini album project with the photos. A tiny 4x4 album.

scrappyjacky said...

I'd love to see the tall ships.....it looks fascinating.

Ladkyis said...

Good picture!!! I am in again - or I will be as soon as I have written it

Ali said...

Looking back I can't believe I missed the opportunity to see the tall ships when they came to a town near us the other year :-(. Can I ask are you going on a cruise?? We are going on a Scandinavia/Russian cruise in August our first time - gulp - I'm sure I've read back on your blog you've cruised before (but I can't find the post now lol) any tips/hints greatly appreciated :-) xxx

Becky said...

Good luck with the scavenger hunt! Good start with the sign :)

Lou said...

we would have loved the tall ship race. yep saving up the scavanger hunt for our holis. A great start.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Ha! You couldn't resist any longer. Great shot of you. I suspect #21 will be left until last here. have a wonderful holiday :-)

Alison said...

I've made a start on the Scavenger Hunt too...am hoping to post them in a 'waving' post later today! Xx

Maggie said...

That is the first selfie with sign I have seen! Looks like a good weekend and sounds like your holiday is creeping up!

Sheena said...

We always save the Scavenger Hunt for our holidays too x
Happy Hunting :)

Cheri said...

Waving hello! Really cute pic for the scavenger hunt.

Jane said...

enjoy finding all those shots on holiday x

Diane said...

What fun pictures and post.

Hugs Diane

Jo said...

What a fun picture of you. I really love tail ships and would love to see part of the race but they never seem to be in the same place as me :)

Sandie said...

I'd love to see the tall ships.... boats are in my bones.
And I also loved how the city loves to throw a heart welcome party... what a wonderful thought. It sounds all embracing!! Great photo for the scavenger hunt, I hope you find the rest on your holiday.

alexa said...

That looks like a great place to start your adventure, Sian. I know your photos will be splendid - I did enjoy them so much last year when you came home.

Missus Wookie said...

I'm hoping to get them all finished but have definitely spread them out. Nice to see the sign too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails