Wednesday 1 July 2015

July at Gossamer Blue

If it's the first of the month (July! Wow!) then it's Reveal Day at Gossamer Blue. And that means I'm happy to be able to show two new pages today. When I opened the box I was lost for words (and you know that doesn't happen very often): there are so many different ways you can take these kits and still have a nicely coordinated look. 

Both of these layouts are smaller sized: 8.5x11, which is what is feeling right and do-able at the minute. Oh, go on, then: I'll admit it. This first one actually started out as 12x12

From High In The Sky for Gossamer Blue

I've been building pages on the smaller cardstock - partly because I can fit it in the typewriter and I'm liking a clean typewritten look at the minute - and then deciding how to mount it. I can go large with a full sheet of patterned paper, or add a simple border and stay small. Rain on the Parade started out big (and without the yellow stars); but at the last minute I chopped a slice off and added the Disney magic of stars, as a border and on the page in the form of that little stamp (from the Life Pages stamp set). You have to have stars on a Disney page. There's probably a rule about it. That tiny yellow arrow? it's covering a typo. But sshh..you won't know unless I tell you. Oh..

My second page didn't need quite so many last minute adjustments. The Start of the L began with the big letter L (main kit add on)

From High In The Sky for Gossamer Blue

and that Evalicious Flair badge, which is probably one of my favourite pieces this month. And what are we marking here in 2015? Another Learner Driver on the road. She's not sure about the whole idea: but she'll do it. I'll make sure of that. 

Some of my other picks for July are those Journey Wood alphas from Crate Paper in the main kit (very versatile. They will be appearing again)


 the Evalicious puffy stickers (also in the main kit)


and the Life Pages cards which I've been using to layer behind photos. Lovely, lovely things. Gossamer Blue.

20 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Just waaay tooo much deliciousness.....this is the shame about living in Australia. Postage is prohibitive so these kits.... I can but dream! LOOOVE anything Evalicious....those wood alphas look lovely, & the clean lines up top at Orlando - the umbrellas etc. Fabulous. Looks great at A4 ish size!!

Karen said...

Lovely layouts. I especially like the way you've backed the photos with the Life Pages cards. I picked up the Life Pages Themed Add-on last month. It was my first Gossamer Blue kit. You'll see some of it in the next two Project Life spreads. Couldn't find a themed Life Pages Add-on this month.

Cheri said...

Ahhh, learning to drive - a right of passage as much for the parent doing the teaching as for the child doing the learning. Your "rule" is perfect! What a great layout to commemorate this.

Julia said...

Two fabulous pages. I loved the rain in Orlando... Except it kept me from my meeting with Captain Jack and for that I will never ever forgive it!

alexa said...

Just lovely ... I like your clean look in the top one with the pretty paper around the edges and those clever clouds. My DD hasn't learnt to drive (yet) and now regrets she didn't do it when she was younger; and I regret not giving her more of an encouragment. So your page is a great reminder!

scrappyjacky said...

Both great pages. I love your car 'rule'!

Patio Postcards said...

More scrapliftable ideas - especially using some of the journal/quote cards as background for your photos - thank you. Learning to drive was one of the best things I did for myself - the freedom and independence I gained and I am especially glad I learned to drive standard/stick shift. ... Mary-Lou

Lou said...

oh yes the rain. It was fast and heavy and we got wet..very very wet!! amateur we are indeed! I love the size, i love the typing, i love all the little elements...and i love the flair badge too!!

When the time comes i will have to remember your motto...what goes on in the car...

Melissa said...

Looks like you had lots of FUN creative time with that kit! I had to look again when I read the journaling about you being in the passenger seat . . . because, of course, over here that would be the driver's seat. LOL Hope the driving lessons are going well!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Beautiful creations! Love these smaller pages!

Sian said...

There's one listed now Karen. It's about "adventures"

Sian said...

That's the way I feel about it too

Sian said...

lol! I'd didn't think of that when I made the page

Jane said...

beautiful layout, I love the journalling on the typewriter

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I do love the clean, crisp typing on your pages. It's reassuring to read that your girl is hesitant about driving. My boy has had one attempt out with The Mechanic and he's in no hurry to repeat the experience! I understand how they feel as I was a very later learner myself. So wish I had got it over and done with at 17/18. Cheering her on :-)

Julie Kirk said...

Gorgeous pages Sian. And, as usual, I can relate to the stories in both!

Orlando rain is amazing isn't it? And yes, it's warm and over quickly and then dry again. I'm glad I experienced it before I cared about what all that steamy atmosphere would do to my hair .. ;-)

As for driving - I'm still a nervous driver, so I can totally understand her mixed feelings. Being *able* to drive and *wanting* to are quite different things. And ... wow .. I wish we'd had that rule when James used to take me out driving [in between far less fraught lessons with an instructor!]

Barbara Eads said...

I've only been home a couple of days, but you've made me yearn to return to Disney!!

Gail said...

Two wonderful looking layouts Sian. Oh yes I think there is nothing like a summer Florida storm and yet they are over in no time flat. Have been caught a few times at WDW in one.

Jo said...

Another two great layouts!

Sandie said...

Both lovely pages Sian, and I love the idea of typing straight on to the page. It suits your clean look and no.... I won't tell a sole about the typo!! Shhhhh.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails