Monday 15 September 2014

Me On Monday

It was a getting- ready- to -embrace Autumn kind of weekend. A slow cooker using, apple photographing, thinking about blackberry crumble kind of weekend. A nuts and berries harvest thoughts, nesting, homemaking, quilt square admiring, hunkering down kind of a weekend. You know the kind I mean?



And now it's Monday and I have the treat of a chocolate moustache to look forward to (Thought it sort of went with my Western checked shirt, so I decided to get the picture, then just at the last minute I accidentally broke the stick off. ..) It came to me from Deb - thank you! - in a gorgeous quilt square parcel. A September quilt square! Hooray! The Friendship Square swap has been running for some months now and I've been so looking forward to it being my turn. I can't deny it. I've chosen neutral colours for my squares, creams and linens, and I have a plan for a white bedroom I know of. I'm thinking about embroidering the names of everyone involved, each on their own block, to remember.

We did some Autumn eating too. Time for the slow cooker! and a recipe from my other Deb: Deb Turtle's Crockpot Lasgana Soup, which we made on Saturday and which was every bit as delicious as she promised it would be. Perfect for this time of year and right through the winter. Next I need to do something with those shiny red apples. Apple tart? crumble? an upside down cake? 


But  not before I've given everyone a wave this Monday and wished you a good week. Maybe you'll wave back?

Scroll down for the Supplies On  Hand giveaway: it's open until Friday (and read more here at Craft With May)

22 comments:

Ruth said...

That sounds like me kind of weekend! Happy to hear that it's now your turn to receive the quilt squares.

debs14 said...

I must say, you do know how to wear a good moustache! Hope you soon get some more quilt squares, it's so exciting!
I'm waving back this Monday too.

helena said...

weird as it may seem I think you suit a moustache - very autumnal here too

scrappyjacky said...

Today has turned into a real summery day here....but I'm looking forward to turning all my apples into deliciousness to sustain us through winter.

Sue Althouse said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! I love this time of year. Crockpots, apples and football, please. Enjoy that chocolate mustache!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Yay for quilt squares and crock pot meals. I'm waving back today.

Sandie said...

You might take it wrong if I say that the moustache suits you, so I hope you enjoyed eating it!
We've been using up harvest offerings too... pear wine with fruit given by a friend.
I've been hearing about the quilt squares over the weekend from Alexa and Jacky - it sounds so exciting. And the best is yet to come :)
I'm waving.....

Jennifer Shaw said...

Loved this very "fall-ish" post! It really is the best time of year. :)

Lou said...

You have a good week too Sian. My crock pot's been out (and used)for a couple of weeks now :)

Jimjams said...

Love that moustache! A great sounding weekend!

Mel said...

I love my slow cooker and love using it to make soup - so will be checking out this recipe too! Love that autumn is in the air too!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Such a cute photo of you this week, Sian. I was so happy when I read your comment this morning saying that your family enjoyed the lasagna soup. Yay! :o)

And I'm really excited for you to have your quilt square month! I loved it when it was my turn. I am ALMOST done with yours and plan to have it in the mail by the beginning of next week. Sorry to be a bit slow with mailing it, but I'm hoping you'll still have it during the month of September.

alexa said...

Waving back! Apples and chocolate sound lovely ... and you are looking very sprite-like in your garden corner. Wishing you a happy week ahead - I've been keeping an eye on your weather and you seem to be having as lovely a soft September as we are. Isn't it just bliss?

Lizzy Hill said...

Uggh! Quilting....too precise for me. As I sit in my bed with a patchwork spread I made for it. Sewing machine, of course - squares only, And they didn't all match. But since the bed rarely gets made, no one notices... And that cross stitch that's 3/4s finished, that I've been doing since 1996? Yeah....one day....the lasagne soup sounds DELISH! Off to take a peek. ALmost as yummy as the moustache, LOL!!!

Theresa said...

oh,apple crumble - maybe with some blackberries? Other than cooler mornings, it's not very autumnal right now, but the first of the conkers are sneaking into the house - so it must be autumn.

Anonymous said...

You're right--there's something about cooler weather that just makes everything feel a little more right with the world. If those were my apples, they would become an apple crisp--love the combination of tart apples against the sweetness of brown sugar, butter, and oatmeal. Yumm!

Lesley G said...

Well I don't normally like facial hair but I could change my mind for that one!

Missus Wookie said...

I have crumble on my mind too - apples from the garden and some plums from a neighbour. I like the neighbourliness of sharing such bounty too.

Abi said...

Oh there is so much to like here Sian. the moustache, the quilt squares- receiving them is just the best thing isn't it!, and of course the thought of crumble. Hoping you have a lovely week.

Karen said...

Apple crisp is one of Tracy's all-time favorites, but we're still enjoying fresh peaches here while they last. Sounds like a very productive weekend!

Beverly said...

You are adorable even with a mustache! I vote for a crumble or crisp. Enjoy your Quilt month, I have to admit your choices were the biggest challenge for me.

alexa said...

Blackberry crumble, ahh!, just the thing ... and you are a fine figure of a (wo)man this morning with that 'tache. Though it and eating crumble at the same time ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails