It's Friday! That has to be a good thing. A couple of weeks ago I joined in with Rocking My World Friday over at Celtic House. The welcome was so warm I just knew I had to go back! So I've been making sure I take note of the little things making my world just that tiny bit better all week, and this is what I have found
- A new photo of Little E on the beach, wearing the monkey hat I made for him. His very kind Mum says that the tassels aren't really coming undone, even though it looks like they are in the picture. But I believe a bit of remedial re-tasselling might be required
Actually, it's been a great Little E week, with a trip to the pizzeria on Saturday night and a visit to the museum on Sunday. He asks such good questions. "Auntie Sian....what happened to the Egyptian mummy's eyeballs?"
- Crochet. Oh, how I am learning to love you! I have about six inches of blanket completed and it's so easy to keep going, adding in colour after colour in front of the TV in the evenings. I eventually decided on the new raindrop stitch I found over at Attic24 and, with thanks to Alana for sending me a discount code for Wool Warehouse, I have a madly bright peachy pink, blue, grey and gold combo going on.
- It's warm enough to hang the washing outside! It's the little things...
- When one thing leads to another. I just got a box of layouts back from Scrap365. This month, I have a page published using a photo of my quilt blocks:
If I hadn't joined in with Fiona's Friendship Quilt, I wouldn't have tried to make some blocks, and I wouldn't have taken this picture, and I wouldn't have been able to use it for a layout. And the quilt is a year long project: who knows what will come out of it next?
- The car needs a lot of work BUT the garage is miles out in the country, in a really beautiful spot. So The Accountant and I took an unexpected drive in the countryside the other afternoon. Better than work. And we'll have to go back and fetch it.
- A son who took the time to write a thank you postcard to his Granny. Pleased his Granny, pleased me - thanks, you big, beardy student!
- A daughter with an exam this morning. She said she felt sick, but she gathered up her courage and went. I have so much admiration for the teenagers today who wade through so many assessments and practicals and more homework than I ever had to cope with. They have to learn to deal with stress too early, I think
So fingers crossed for her and maybe some good results will be Rocking my World some Friday in the future!
Have a good weekend, and think about it - maybe something nice you do could be Rocking Your Friday this time next week?