This morning I'm looking out of the window here, at the sun trying to shine, and thinking back to the holidays. Doesn't matter where you go or who you are with, maybe, some things stay the same....
let's call them eternal truths of the holiday kind...
- You will pack half a dozen sweaters, but will wear only one because it's on the top of the pile
- You will run out of suntan cream a day before you leave so you have to buy a new bottle in the overpriced kiosk and then carry a full one home
- There will be one thing that turns out to be not what you were expecting, one that is exactly what you imagined and one that turns out to be way beyond what you had been hoping for
- Blisters caused by bad shoe choices don't magically disappear when you hit holiday, no matter how much you believe
- You can shop carefully for small souvenirs, the kind to slip down the sides of suitcases, then you find something bigger and you persuade yourself it'll fit in your hand luggage and THEN someone else says Mum, I don't suppose you've got any room in your hand luggage?
- But, it is easier to manage luggage when everyone is big enough to carry their own...
- ..and the same principle applies to room sharing. It's a whole lot easier to share a room for two weeks when everyone also shares the same bedtime.
What do you think? Anything sound familiar? Or maybe you have a great one I haven't thought of yet.
many thanks to all the Storytellers who have left a link to their Storytelling Sunday posts this month. There is still plenty of time to add your own and check out what we are all holding precious in August. Worth a look!