Hello world! It's good to be back. It was good to be on a breather too: it has given me a chance to come up with layout ideas and plans for enough blog posts to keep me going into the Spring.
Did someone say Spring? I'm taking stock of March and hoping for a bright and not-so-breezy April.
So, round here in the last month?
- Our seats at the Simple Minds concert. Organised by my excellent brother-in-law Kenny Who Cooks. We were in the second row from the front, with a little gap between the seats just ready for me to squeeze through and take pictures from the edge of the stage. Happy Days.
- Little E's birthday. Now he is four..no, a nice rhyme hasn't come to me yet.
- New passport photos. Hot? I don't think so. But we need them if we are to plan a holiday for the summer: a special anniversary trip.
- The End of Term school music concert. As wonderful as it ever is; though bitter sweet this year because it's the last one they'll both be in. It won't be the last time we'll see them standing together, will it? said the Mum of the Best Friend of The Tall One. I hope not. Oh, I hope not.
- The gift of a book from my blog buddy Linda. Thank you!
- The pinata that keeps on giving. We taped up last year's and used it again for an Easter shower of chocolate limes (and the rest)
- I hate to have to record pet deaths two months in a row. That doesn't sound too good, does it? The goldfish, this time. But they were getting on a bit..
- The (Not So) Small One spending an extra hour in the bathroom because the lock broke. Her Dad hacksawed her out in the end. Climbing out the window just isn't an option when you live in a very tall house..
- The coldest Easter on record. You can't get any more Not Hot than that.
And that was March...
..which brings us to April and this month's Storytelling Sunday. This Sunday! Pick Your Precious and join us. Please. I'll be telling the story of another treasure from my Mums' house; and there's a thought for you: if you are having trouble thinking of something close, there is nothing to stop you reaching further afield. Maybe your Precious this month is something you enjoy from a distance? See you Sunday!
Green Easter Bunny cut with the Slice
Fabric heart from a kit by Citrus Twist