Friday 19 April 2013

The Great Big Swap of Very Small Things

Sooo..

The Great Big Swap of Very Small Things. I'd love you to join us! I've been thinking about getting a swap organised since -oh, at least Christmas. It had to be something light (so that anyone anywhere could join in without fear of too much postage); it had to be a bit pick-and-mix (so that everyone would receive something they liked); and it had to be easy. ..

...how about a swap of small things? Let's fill something small with as many tiny things as we can fit in and send it on...


- In the picture I have filled a glassine envelope of roughly 5x3 inches. Anything similarly sized will be just fine: a pillow pack, a brown money envelope, a little fabric pouch, a paper bag..filled to bursting with as many little embellishments as you can cram in and tied with a nice label (or sent with a card or wrapped with a bow..)

- you could include brads, buttons, lace, ribbons, tiny punched items, stickers, diecuts, threads, twines..if it's light and it fits and you would use it for papercrafting, then it's in. 

And are you in?

- If you'd like to take part (and it's definitely the more the merrier) please email me your name and address. I'll keep a list of addresses, but you have my word that I won't pass yours on to anyone. That will be up to you.

- I'll keep on adding names to my list up until the closing date of Tuesday 30th April. I'll draw up a list and we will each send to the next name after our own on that list. This is not a direct swap: you will send to one person and receive from another.  I'll let everyone know who to send to and who to look out for. The rest will be up to you..

- Remember those words which describe your style? Here's where to use them! Find out who you are sending to and ask for their words, or have a check under my post That Style Thing to see if a comment there helps you out

- You will have until the end of May to get your parcel in the post. With any luck it won't cost too much to mail and if you have a letterbox it will fit through: no unnecessary trips to the Post Office, I hope. And if you aren't in the UK? You are still very welcome! Let's make this a friendly swap..and a swap where we make friends. If you are overeas and you want to join in, I'll find you a partner who is happy to post. You can count on it

Any questions? Please ask! Remember, sign up by the end of April and post by the end of May. Happy Small Thing collecting..



47 comments:

Nathalie said...

Yes, count me in!!! :)

Alana said...

YES, YES,YES! Put me down Sian:) I don't mind posting overseas either........or in UK. A few years ago I did a matchbox swop (you know by using a big cooks match box) Crammed it full of pretties:)

Linda said...

Oh yes count me in too:)

Lou said...

...and me. It's a lovely idea Sian x

Abi said...

Such a great idea! Do count me in!

Alison said...

Me too please Sian!!
Alison xx

Miriam said...

Yes please Sian, I would love to be part of The Great Big swap! Oh you of the brilliant ideas...

JO SOWERBY said...

I'm in SIan. Will send you an email now,
Jo xxxx

Lea Lacoste said...

YAY loving it!! awesome ide Sian <3

humel said...

Yay! Super fab idea, and I've just emailed you to sign up :)

Jo.C said...

Another willing volunteer, I'll e-mail you now. Have a lovely weekend x

scrappyjacky said...

Count me in.Lovely idea.

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Ooh sounds fabulous - might be just what I need to get scrapping properly again!

Will email you, Estelle xx

alexa said...

Here's another for your lovely idea!

furrypig said...

yes please Sian this is a wonderful idea xxx

debs14 said...

Oh yes please! This sounds fun, count me in!

Louisa-Jane said...

Love it. I'm in...hope someone will send to NZ!!!

Sheena said...

count me in 😀

Karen said...

Another great idea! Count me in.

Sandra said...

You really do come up with such great ideas. Could you count me in please ... And I don't mind sending abroad.

Cheri said...

I adore getting happy mail and have fun sending it... count me in!

Amy said...

Oh heck ... why not?! Count me in ... obviously I am happy to send to anywhere far, far away!

Susan said...

You're always full of great ideas, Sian! I used to participate in swaps like this with other quilters years ago and it was so much fun. I'd love to join in with this swap. :-)

Unknown said...

Great idea, i'll email you now :)

Unknown said...

I'm in :-) I'll email you now. I don't mind sending it to anywhere.

Jennifer Shaw said...

Great idea!! Count me in. With my No Buy Challenge this allows me to get my hands on some new goodies. Yay!!! :)

helena said...

love it

Susanne said...

Oh I do want to play too. I don't mind mailing anywhere at all.

Barbara Eads said...

Count me in! And I don't care how far I have to send my envie!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I"m definitely in! You know I like to create in a small format, so I have lots to share.
Rinda

stephanie said...

I'm in!

Melissa said...

Of course, I'm in!

Heather said...

Me too please Sian!!

Anonymous said...

This is one case where I'm sorry to be completely digital because this sounds like an AMAZING project. You are so clever! So even though I'm not playing along, I'll be watching your blog to get updates and such. Have fun!

Lizzie said...

Wow 34 "takers" already!
I would Love to join in. It is such a fun idea, Sian.
I'm sure I could find a small receptacle, somewhere in this mess I call a "Studio"... hmm... That one? or that? or this? Well...

Anyway, I'm In thanks!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Oooh! Yes please! Sounds like a fun idea & I'm happy to post overseas BTW!! :D

Off to email you now!

Sandie said...

That's a lovely idea Sian. Please count me in. I will email my address.

Heather said...

sorry Sian can you send your email address to me! hethpet@gmail.com

Ginger said...

How can I not partake in this little goodie swap!! I will email :)

Jane said...

count me it too!!

Ifa said...

Sweet! I would love to join in. You know where I am.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a fun idea. I'd love to join in and distance is no problem. Off to email you.

Becky said...

Great idea! Have just emailed you :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Sian ~ Thanks for mentioning this in your most recent post! I had read it on my phone and almost forgot about it! I'll send you an email next... What a fun idea! xo

Lisa-Jane said...

That sounds like a fab idea! I'd love to join in and I am so glad I don't have to make anything!

Jo Murray said...

I just love small things...perfect for ATCs. Count me in....thanks.

Clair said...

Ooh, I would love to join in! I'm so pleased that sign-ups are still open. Phew! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails