Oh. I'm feeling in a devilish mood today. Devilish enough to play - devil's advocate. So I'm throwing a few thoughts at you. Just for fun. I'm pondering instead of sticking...what if everything you've ever believed about the process of scrapbooking turned out to be wrong?
- "Coordinating paper collections make things fast and easy." Oh, come on - you pull together an outfit every morning and it's fit for the day. Of course you can pull papers on your own!
- "Everything on your page has to support your theme." Mmm..maybe you should simply use it because you like it
- "Inspiration is all around and just there for the taking." What about - whatever is in your own head is perfectly you, perfectly fine and you are going to love it. Think of the hours you don't need to spend on the computer.
- "Every page needs a picture, every picture needs a story." How about - you want half an hour's relaxing with some scissors in your hand becasue you like cutting things up and sticking them down. And that's enough already.
- "Trends are pointless." In the grand scheme of thing I guess they are. nut maybe they're fun and something new is always worth a try. At the very least all the banners will give us something to smile over in five year's time.
- "Everything needs to be carefully preserved and acid free." Now, as a librarian I should be recommending deacidification spray and telling you to look out for foxing. But, know what? There are plenty of Medieval manuscripts still around. At the rate we keep buying kindles and sending emails we won't have any written words left to preserve anyway. So, you know - keep writing, keep sticking, don't worry.
And that's enough to get started! What scrapbooking rules do you think are made to be broken? Any rules you never follow at all? Any here you agree with or vehemently dislike? Let's talk..
Oh, and a photo for today? I couldn't find my devil horns, though I did turn the dressing up box upside down. Would Minnie Mouse ears do instead?