Tuesday 6 March 2012

Photo 365+1

Photo 365+1 rolls on. Yes, I fell off the photography wagon when I wasn't feeling too good. And, yes, I am still working on plugging the gaps in my collection. For that reason, I don't have my usual grids of photos for you today - but I do still have a few favourites I'd like to share. And, judging by our leader Suzie's recent picture of migraine prevention medication, she'll understand perfectly!

So, I have:




Fashion. My batwing sleeved, cowl necked navy top. I know what they say - if you were round the first time for a trend, you don't need to be wearing it when it comes back. But I like it. My family are getting used to seeing me come through a door and disappear again. The sleeves catch on the door handles. Photo taken in bathroom mirror.


Portrait of a loved one. I was looking around for one when I caught sight of this little collection on his bedside table. It describes him perfectly.

Light. My special craft light, bought on the recommendation of my Mother in Law. Probably her second best bit of advice ever. The first was eat canned peaches when you have Morning Sickness. That one worked too.

Grey. Why, yes they are. Time to try them in the washing machine I think. Just to bring back their natural greyness

Chairs. Zebrano wood in our kitchen

Arranged. A display of birthday cards

You can see that I have changed the look for March. Those last few are Buckhurst H1 lens and Ina's 1969 film for Hipstamatic.
With  thanks to Suzie for continuing to supply a new word every day and to everyone who continues to let me have a glimpse into their world.

And thank you to everyone who told a story on Sunday. It was another bumper gathering - over fifty stories (so if you haven't clicked through from your Reader, you really should!). Don't forget the linky stays open all week, so there is still plenty of time to join in if you have been thinking about it. Newcomers are always welcome!

26 comments:

Amy said...

I'm all for the batwings, I have some myself and I quite like them!
You have given me a great idea for a page about The Engineer, he leaves little piles around the place that describe him perfectly too!

Alison said...

Lovely collection of pics...I just can't seem to 'get into' batwings this time, but I DO remember the doorhandle dilemma!
Alison xx

Mary B said...

Love the batwings but yes they do tend to catch on the door handles and anything else too :D

Gem's Crafts said...

Loved seeing all your photos, and I like the style that you've taken them in :)

scrappysue said...

Sian, I'm sorry to have missed your being sick and not wishing you a very speedy recovery! So, now I am catching up. Inspired by your Project 365+1, purchased an iphone app, totally loving it, so thank you! Totally remember batwings, how fun! x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I'm so happy that you are doing 356+1, Sian, because it's a fun glimpse into your world. Maybe I'm nosey, but I love it. ;o)

Sue Althouse said...

Love the batwings! I need a bedside table photo in my collection too, thanks for the idea!

laurie said...

i love your photos and your style - i always feel like i visit chic-ville on your blog!

scrappyjacky said...

I remember batwings....but think I may give them a miss this time round.I'd certainly never heard the peaches suggestion....but love the look of that light.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Your description of getting your batwings caught on doors made me giggle a bit. Love the picture of your shoes. And glad to hear that you seem to be returning to the land of the living.
Rinda

JO SOWERBY said...

ooh i'm feeling the batwings baby. sorry i missed a birthday so belated happy birthday to himself. hope he had a fab time.
loving the lil pile of things by the accountants bed. seeds, money and a key thingy? whatever does he do in bed i wonder?
jo xxx

Unknown said...

Love the photos. Also went to look at the story link and will have to try and remember that next month.

alexa said...

Love your Zebrano wood ... Julie will be envious! And amazing you managed to put together this collection when not feeling well. Not sure I can face batwings this time around :) but admiring you in yours!

Jo said...

Great pictures. I love bat wings but I am forever catching my normal sleeves on door handles so they're just not for me :)

debs14 said...

Snap! My picture for 'arranged' was a display of my son's birthday cards yesterday.
I would be forever caught up on door handles and coat hooks with bat wings so I admire your bravery in wearing them!

Sandra said...

It's fun seeing the glimpses of your life .... Yeah, to bat wing sleeves :)

Lou said...

a fab selection of photos Sian, maybe we'll see some scrapped...

Ali said...

Love all your photos, you sound like you have a great mil! If you love batwings go for it :) Also love DHs collection - mine has nothing so glamorous - more like used till receipts!!

Karen said...

I'm just getting into using Hipstamatic on a regular basis, and enjoying it. You are definitely an inspiration! I fear I am too old for bat wings, but the look on you is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I did giggle out loud at the coming into a room and spring back out again. We have latches instead of door handles and the bit of the latch that sticks out always catches me out and creates the same 'now you see me now you don't' effect!

Ginger said...

Sian - the batwings are stylish and you look fantastic! I do love them as well and find they look great on people of all shapes and sizes :)

Anonymous said...

Had to let out a chuckle when I saw your 'portrait of a loved one' photo as, when I woke up early on Sunday morning, I saw a pile of things that just shouted 'hubby' at me: his glasses, his phone, some of his papers and the Bose and TV controls! It so much shouted 'hubby' at me I had to take a photo of it all for my PL!!!

Melissa said...

Great job getting your photos done. I like the Hipstamatic look!

Wanda said...

A unique, creative, and humorous collection of photos for sure--good job on staying with this project!

Alana said...

Ahh batwings, yes I wore them the first time round:) nothing wrong with a second time either. Great story, that is one to remember, it made me smile.

Gail said...

You're doing a really good job with the pictures and I had to laugh at the thought of the sleeves catching on door handles - that happens to me a lot and I don't have anything batwinged. :)
Sorry I'm so late I have a ton of stuff to catch up on and thought I'd start with your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails