Sunday 28 November 2010

Christmas Club (2) My Inner Elf

Are you ready for Christmas Club again this week? It begins like this...

I have a friend. A crazy, kind, dear friend who likes to make things happen. She can persuade me into all sorts of mischief I'd never have come up with on my own. Well, I might; but it would take me a while. She likes to create things; she likes a costume or two; and so it was that the year she persuaded me to join the P.T.A. I found Santa in my kitchen.


Maybe he's trying to disappear here, or maybe, just maybe, he's trying to let you see the beautiful red hood on the back of his jacket. It took quite a lot of bargain upholstery velvet to make that cloak (and it's slippery stuff). But make it I did. Because my ingenious friend had decided that a Santa Photo Booth would be the perfect fundraiser for the School Christmas Fair.

To make it work we needed a Santa (check), a camera (check), a fast printer (check, check) and some help. Oh, you know what sort of help Santa needs, don't you?

Elves, of course. The kind of elves prepared to dress themselves up in felt outfits of their own devising, with mad makeup and silly hats. You are beginning to have an ide what's coming next now, aren't you? Setting up was the hardest bit. But the elves only had themselves to blame for that, because they'd been out on the town the night before. Once we were in character we had a ball. The little ones loved it; their parents bought photos..and we were asked to do it all over again the following year.


And that is the story of the Christmas I found my Inner Elf. And Santa? Haven't you guessed? The world needs a Father Christmas who can balance his books...

If you have a Christmas memory you love, you can Christmas Club it too. Write a post with your story; then, please, come back and link us up. The more, the merrier..

And I'll have a new Christmas Club story for you next week.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving these stories, Sian. Thanks for your kind thoughts this week. They are much appreciated.

Cheryl said...

That is lovely Sian and you all look great thanks for sharing x

Amy said...

Oh, what a lovely Elfin family you all make! Though, Santa may have had his hands full with the cheeky one on his lap! ;-)

Ruth said...

I love this post! I hope to post a Christmas story later ... I just need to find a photo from the Dark Ages!

Cheri said...

Looks like a lot of fun Sian!

Susanne said...

A Santa who can balance his books, and really pick the very best elves, now that's impressive.

Miriam said...

Oh Sian I am loving the Christmas stories, thank you so much for sharing your Christmas club.xx

Melissa said...

Great job on those costumes and what a fun way to spend a day! I be posting a Christmas story later this week and will be back to link up. Thanks for sharing your memories.

Becky said...

Lovely story Sian and a great photo! More than happy for you to link me. Off to have a read of some more Christmas memories now and think of one to share next week. Thanks for such a great idea :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Adorable photo and story, Sian. I wish Christmas lasted all year so your Christmas Club Sundays would never end... xo

Melissa said...

Hi Sian - I just gave you a blog award, please check it out on my blog! Feel free to pass it on, or not, as your time and schedule permit. http://melissagross.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-blog-award.html

furrypig said...

What a great post, cute costumes and a Happy Chrimbo tale! Thanks for the comments on my Christmas Film reviews, I am very sad and rewatch Christmas films every year either on DVD or on Sky Movies. I am very excited as the Christmas Channel starts on Wednesday 1st Dec... non stop Festive Films xxx

JO SOWERBY said...

u make such a beautiful elf how could santa resist you. this made me smile big time.
Jo xxx

Lou said...

Loving your Christmas club stories xx

scrappyjacky said...

Another great story,Sian....and love the costume.

alexa said...

Wonderful story, and all look the part ... Did they have to audition? Marvelling you could find so many perfectly elfin faces!

Alana said...

Ohhh, I have a friend like that! I will tell the story on my blog though. P.S Green so suits you!

laurie said...

great fund-raiser idea! i wish you were on the ptsa at the school where i work. :-)

Georgina said...

Great idea! Such fun and you found your inner elf in the process! LOL See you around on JYC

Anonymous said...

lol, Great job on the costume and what a smart fundraiser idea!

Carmen said...

Absolutely fabulous Sian! I missed Sunday club this week due to having an old school chum come from Scotland for the weekend so no computing was done AT ALL for the entire weekend. Oh my! Am just catching up now.

Rachel Brett said...

This is a great idea Sian, I have loved reading all of the christmas stories and look forward to reading many more :)

Rachel Brett said...

Me again! I have left you a blog award on my blog x

Sandie said...

These are such lovely stories Sian.
I bet Christmas in your home is something REALLY magical. You are giving your children something to remember always. And I think you enjoy it as much as them !!!

Anonymous said...

Sian, I am so enjoying reading the Christmas stories and some of them are rekindling memories of my own that I'd forgotten about. Thanks so much for starting this.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea Sian (and btw, it's nice to meet you too!) Your costumes are fantastic, what a great photo! I've read all the stories, they're definitely putting me in the mood for Christmas :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails