Friday 4 December 2015

A Quick Christmas Card Trick

Oh, I get excited when the first Christmas card drops through the door! You? We had one arrive on Tuesday. I set it up carefully on the shelf (slightly regretting, as I do every year now, that there are no mantelpieces in this house), stood back..and then suddenly realised that if it is time for cards to arrive, then it is time for me to get thinking...

I don't make a lot of cards; but I enjoy doing a few at Christmas, usually in a similar style to whatever else I've had on my crafty mind recently:

The easiest Christmas card you'll ever make

So, this year that means a splash or two of ink

My tip: keep your card blanks flat: don't crease and fold them until after you have brushed on the ink and let it dry

and a little stamping


I used card bases with a textured surface (I think you could call it orange peel?) to make the simple design feel a bit special (I hope);  a Kesi Art ink with a drop of water added; a stamp from  Gossamer Blue and my favourite black StazOn ink pad. Is it okay to say I'm pleased with the way they turned out? Mmm...said The (Not So) Small One, when she saw them. How did you say you did that again? And I like the thought that she might make some too...

27 comments:

stephanie said...

I started writing mine....I managed two before baby needed me! I may get then done by Christmas eve..

KraftyKaren said...

I think they are great - I must come up with some ideas for some quick and easy cards - as always despite making all year round I don't have quite enough

Ali said...

I really like these!! Hope you are feeling better now and back up to 100% have a great weekend x

scrappyjacky said...

So simple...but so effective....lovely.
We received our first card today.

debs14 said...

Don't they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Let's hope your daughter does 'borrow' your idea, they're so good!
We had our first card arrive today. I've written mine and bought the stamps - just need to do my sticking and licking now and get them to the post box.

Ruth said...

My kind of card making! Fab!

Cheri said...

I adore the simplicity of these! I made mine way too hard and I'm completely regretting it now.

Sheena said...

I need to crack on & make a start!

Patio Postcards said...

Your card design is simple & says it all, very nicely done. I'm one of those that buys cards although I do dress up the envelopes with stamping a holly leaf - I'll get there eventually to creating cards, I'll just need to start in July.

Barbara said...

Lovely simple design for your cards! I don't have a mantlepiece in this house, I do miss having one at Christmas.

Louise H said...

I love your clean and simple design ... these I would have the time to do. I would just need to avoid the temptation to add one or two more things, as I always spoil cards when I do that.

alexa said...

So beautifully simple and perfectly you :).

Karen said...

I love them. Mine are made, and hopefully, will go in the mail on Monday. The official envelope creator had his computer die last week, and it was out for major repairs until yesterday!

Lizzy Hill said...

YES! Totally brilliant. Love that stamp & the blue is divine....& CAS is always sooo attractive. My prob is the ink never stays where it is supposed to stay!!!

Barbara Eads said...

What a cute and simple design. You remind us that we can make something nice without having to spend hours!! Love the blue too!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Simply lovely.

MonicaB said...

Love the simplicity of the card.

Maggie said...

The simplicity says it all and it sounds like you had "royal" approval too! The cards seem to be arriving early this year. I haven't taken my birthday cards down yet!

Mitralee said...

those my dear are quite fabulous!

Julia said...

Gorgeous x

Maria Ontiveros said...

Those cards are great.
I made photo cards this year but might craft up some tags.
I've only received one card so far myself. I put the cards in a basket on the book shelf by my various Christmas albums and journals.
Rinda

Melissa said...

Your cards are simply perfect! I made my cards last weekend, and stamped the insides during Crafty Tuesday this past week, so I just need to find time to get them addressed & mailed this week.

Unknown said...

They are just the inspiration I need Sian, I am running out of time and these are super cute.

Unknown said...

They are lovely Sian, every year I say I'm going to make more but it never seems to happen! :)

Jo said...

Simple but so stunning! I need to crack on and make some cards.

Susanne said...

quick, easy and still festive - there's a lesson we all need to incorporate this time of year.

Missus Wookie said...

These are gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails