Tuesday 20 July 2010

49 Things...My New List

Who remembers the 99 Things list which did the rounds a few months back? I posted mine here and enjoyed it so I started trying to compile a new list: different things, different places, different ideas. It turns out that coming up with a whole new 99 was quite a bit harder than I expected. But you probably could have told me that if I'd thought to ask..
So, how about 49 instead? How many of these have you done/tried/avoided/run away from?

  1. Seen The Terracotta Army in China

  2. Cross stitched a sampler

  3. Kept a friend for more than 20 years

  4. Made your own jam

  5. Seen the Crown Jewels in The Tower Of London

  6. Attended a school reunion and enjoyed it

  7. Kissed the Blarney Stone

  8. Learned how to tap dance

  9. Seen one of the Wonders Of The Ancient World

  10. Ridden a tandem bicycle

  11. Commissioned a piece of furniture

  12. Sold for profit something you made yourself

  13. Seen Sydney Opera House

  14. Walked up the outside of a volcano

  15. Met an idol

  16. Found or sent a message in a bottle

  17. Held a stranger's hand, just because they needed you

  18. Thought you might have seen a ghost

  19. Been caught speeding

  20. Won a bet

  21. Visited a penpal

  22. Published a poem

  23. Had your appendix removed

  24. Pierced an interesting part of your body

  25. Seen your name in lights

  26. Had a handsome man buy you Champagne

  27. Had tea at The Ritz

  28. Found a peacock feather

  29. Made a collection of more than 50 objects

  30. Crossed The Equator

  31. Partied through til breakfast

  32. Found a fossil

  33. Seen The Northern Lights

  34. Built your own house

  35. Started a Mexican Wave

  36. Judged a competition

  37. Flown in a hot air balloon

  38. Spent too much money on something you've only worn once

  39. Scored an own goal. Figuratively or otherwise

  40. Appeared on live tv

  41. Asked for your money back

  42. Had your photo taken with someone famous

  43. Grown your hair long enough to sit on

  44. Been locked in somewhere overnight, or long enough for it to start getting scary

  45. Found something valuable and made sure it was returned to its rightful owner

  46. Taken part in some kind of endurance event or attempt

  47. Driven from one end of your country to the other

  48. Been publicly recognised for bravery or special community service

  49. Gone out on the town in an outfit you've made entirely on your own
There you go. If you have a try, let me know and I'll come and check it out

13 comments:

Amy said...

I have spent too much money on something I have NEVER worn - that is bad! I've also been stuck in a lift with 13 other teenage girls - for far longer than was necessary.

Amanda said...

...mmmmm I'll get thinking and let you know :)You've got to show us a photo of you with long hair.

humel said...

Yay, I was thinking about this only the other day, and wondering if you'd put your own list together yet! :-) Great to see your answers, and I will definitely give this a go xx

Alana said...

Only managed a poor 12 of them. Think Now if you had included more dressing up stuff, I would of done well!......fairy, american footballer, witch, ice queen, cinderella, willy wonka, pirate,.....

sharyncarlson said...

What a great list! I will have to play along soon. But one question, please... what is a Mexican wave??

Maria Ontiveros said...

Okay - I'm good for 29 of them! The one I want to do most and haven't yet is cross the equator. Favorites are #48: Loved being recognized for helping to get the local community public health center built. I still count that as one of my best accomplishments. And #44 DH and I got locked-in the University botanical gardens once when we were having a romantic evening picnic! I believe champagne was involved in that one, too.
Rinda

Carrie said...

Right there with ya on the too much money and wore once, maybe never. Gah. Fun post!

Becky said...

Love your list! I'll be posting it on my blog later hopefully, so pop over and see how alike we are this time!

Carmen said...

Ooh this looks interesting. And good on you making your own list - if I remember rightly the other was quite Americanised wasn't it? Will be having a go at this at some point ;)

Lizzie said...

Well, I had a go, Sian! I don't think I managed quite half... I would like to cross the Equator and see the Northern Lights. We plan to go to Iceland one day, so I might manage the second of those anyway... and I have relatives who live in Aus. so maybe I'll manage both!
http://lizziemade.blogspot.com/2010/07/sians-49-things-list.html

Cheryl said...

This sounds fun, will definately have a go x

Tinkertaylor said...

What an interesting list will have to have a go at this

Cheri said...

Catching up on my starred items in Google Reader. Well, I can lay claim to 3, 12, 22, 34 (if having it built for you counts),45 (a wallet) and 46 (the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk). Only six out of 49 - seems a pretty poor showing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails